Tuding SAS (“us“, “we“, or “our“) has developed a collaborative platform called BusHunter accessible at the website www.bus-hunter.com (“Platform”), that connects persons wishing to book transport vehicles, such as buses (“Clients”), with passenger carrier companies who have access to vehicles or fleets (“Suppliers”).
Please read this notice carefully to understand our practices with respect to personal data.
How and what personal data we collect.
As a website-based reservation platform, we regularly receive personal data as part of our services. The personal data that we collect and process includes:
- Personal Data that you give us when you register as a user of our Platform. We collect information to create your user account and to register you for the services we provide on our website. This information includes your email address, name, telephone number, address and password.
- Technical information. We keep a record of any correspondence between you and us, such as information that you send when you report a problem with our website or service.
- Any other information relating to you which you may provide to us.
Personal data that we collect automatically. When you visit our website we collect information relating to the devices you use and the networks to which you are connected. This technical information, includes your IP address, log-in information, bandwidth used, time of visit, browser type and version, browser plug-ins types and versions, operating system, information about your visit including the URL clickstream, download/upload errors, pages visited, page interactions, and other connection data held in our logs. We collect this information using different technologies, like cookies (see our Cookies Notice)
How we use your personal data.
We use your personal date to provide, support and develop our platform and services. We use your personal data to:
- allow you to propose vehicles and reserve vehicles using our Platform,
- enable you to personalize your user profile/account;
- send you service-related information (e.g., confirmation of your reservation) by email and/or any other communication means;
- enable you to communicate and interact with other Platform users
- give you access to our support services to enable you to communicate with us;
- keep our website secure and safe;
- send you, with your consent, marketing materials and suggestions of our services that may interest you;
- notify you about changes to our services;
- administer our website, including for troubleshooting, access, data analysis, testing, research, analytic and survey purposes;
- improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner; and
- comply with our legal obligations, including court orders and other legal or regulatory requirements.
The legal basis for processing your personal data.
We collect, use and share the data that we have:
- as necessary to provide the services on our website;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you requested from us;
- consistent with your consent, which you may revoke at any time through your profile page;
- as necessary to comply with our legal obligations;
- as necessary for our legitimate interests, including our interests in providing an innovative, personalized, and effective service to our users, unless those interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms that require protection of personal data.
How long we retain your personal data.
We retain your personal data so long as you have an account with us. If you close your account, your personal data will be immediately deleted.
Information you have shared with others on the Platform will remain visible after you close your account, but will be anonymized.
If your account is suspended or blocked, we will keep your data for a period of 2 years to prevent you from circumventing the terms and conditions of our website.
We may also retain your personal data for an additional period to the extent necessary to assert or defend against legal claims.
Transferring your personal data.
We store your personal data in the European Union (“EU“). But some of our service providers are based outside of the EU, meaning that that your personal data will be transferred to these countries (for example, the United States). In these cases, we ensure that the transfer is legal and that data protection safeguards have been put in place (including by using standard contractual clauses and privacy shields) to guarantee a sufficient level of personal data protection.
Securing your personal data.
We take appropriate technical and organizational measures against unauthorized or unlawful processing of your personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data in accordance with our internal security procedures covering data storage, access and destruction.
Your data protection rights.
You have the following data protection rights:
- to receive a copy of your personal data that is in our possession;
- to request the deletion of personal data or the correction of inaccurate personal data, except as otherwise required by law;
- to object at any time to the processing of your personal data;
- to restrict the processing of your personal data; and
- to receive and/or have us transfer to another data controller a subset of the personal data that you have given us.
To exercise your rights, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have the right to make a complaint to the relevant data protection supervisory authority or to seek a remedy through the courts if you believe that your rights have been breached.
Direct marketing e-mails.
In accordance with applicable laws and with your consent, we may use the information you give us for electronic direct marketing (e.g. receiving emails that we think may interest you). You can withdraw your consent at any time by unticking the relevant box in your member account,clicking on the unsubscribe link in each TudingBus email, or contact us through the client service online on our platform.
Links to other websites.
Our website may contain links to other sites that are not operated by us. If you click on a third-party link, you will be directed to that party’s site. We strongly advise you to review the privacy notices of every site you visit. We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy notices or practices of any third-party websites.
This Privacy Notice was updated in January 2020. We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Notice from time to time to reflect changing legal requirements or our processing practices. Any such changes will be posted on this website and will be effective upon posting.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please write to us at email@example.com